Friday 31 March 2017

Frequency Of Visiting Moths

For a full guide to Visiting Moths, click here.



How often do Visiting Moths actually visit? My first Visiting Moth appeared in my guest account after I reached a Flutterpedia score of 1200. Thereafter, I logged all Visiting Moths over a month and found out that Evanita W Montalvo's observations about Visiting Moths are pretty accurate. She stated that:

  1. Visiting Moths will visit again the next day if you buy an egg
  2. Visiting Moths takes 4 days to re-visit you if you do not buy an egg  (UPDATE: Visiting Moths will now appear in your forests 24 hours after the previous visit, regardless of egg purchases.)
  3. Visiting Moths stay away from events

-------The following text is now outdated-------

Here is a calendar with all dates of Visiting Moths marked (during March 2017). A Glowbuck symbol represents that the particular Visiting Moth has been paid to lay an egg in the forest.

Sona Event Starts & Ends at 6AM, +8GMT

It took about 4 days for me to get another Visiting Moth if I did not buy an egg, but if I do buy one, another Visiting Moth would appear the very next day. I also did not get any visitors during events.

It seems like in order for Visiting Moths to appear in your forest, it does not matter much if you actually log into the game or not. I did not log into my game on 9th March (unchecked box in the calendar), however I still had a Visiting Moth on the 12th after a 4-day window period.


Here are the specific details of each Visiting Moth (+8 GMT Timezone):

4 March 2017, 0839 Hours


8 March 2017, 1352 Hours


12 March 2017, 2137 Hours
(Bought)
Reduced price due to half-price Egg Laying event


13 March 2017, 2306 Hours


30 March 2017, 1012 Hours
(Bought)


31 March 2017, 1027 Hours
(Bought)



Happy Starry Fluttering~! ♥

Cheers,
Night

Follow my Facebook page to receive updates for future blog content! :)

5 comments:

  1. I have a problem - I play everyday but I get visiting moths only once in two weeks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Reimo J,

      Maybe you can take a screenshot whenever a visiting most comes to your forest and see what you can figure out?

      Visiting Moths do not visit during events and you get one every 4 days if you dont buy any eggs, so sometimes it could seem like a while before you get one.

      Delete
  2. Does the Star Lotus (or other decoration ability) free egg ability count for the first purchase of a visiting moth? Meaning can I save my glowbucks by spending real money on the inital meeting of the moths, not just the ones that follow to complete the set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samuel, unfortunately Egg Layer decorations do not work on visiting moths. (Same goes for Star Lotus)

      You can consider getting a Doug instead, to save up glowbucks to buy the intial copy of visiting moths.

      On the bright note, Runaway may continue to release new Egg Layers during future events, which you can use to perfect the moth after buying the first egg with glowbucks.

      (While you are here, we are currently working on this guide as there are changes to the frequency of visiting moths. Will comment here again when its amended!)

      Delete
  3. Does the Star Lotus (or other decoration ability) free egg ability count for the first purchase of a visiting moth? Meaning can I save my glowbucks by spending real money on the inital meeting of the moths, not just the ones that follow to complete the set?

    ReplyDelete